For Employers and Job Seekers alike, we have created this page to offer details on positions that we have filled over the past few months. This will give you an idea of the wide variety of searches we manage throughout Nova Scotia.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant for a one-month contract located along the Halifax peninsula. As the successful candidate, you will provide legal assistance, case management, and file management support for multiple lawyers.
- Draft and prepare documents from notes or dictation
- Make revisions as per lawyers request
- Prepare Notary Public appointments
- Maintain lawyers calendar and schedule
- Provide legal research
- Respond to inquiries via phone and email
- Ensure all government and court procedures are followed
- Other duties as required
- Certificate or diploma from a Legal Assistant or Paralegal program
- 2+ years’ experience working in legal practice
- Working knowledge of various branches of law and all levels of court
- Previous experience working in a highly confidential environment
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.