Human Resources Assistant
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Assistant for a term position in their Halifax office. The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of support and administration duties for the Human Resources department. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected organization.
- Provide timely and accurate information to employees and management regarding processes and policies
- Maintain confidential electronic and paper files and records
- Develop, prepare and distribute various human resources department documents and reports
- Coordinate and provide support for internal and external recruitment, interviewing, and hiring processes
- Coordinate new employee onboarding activities
- Support payroll and benefits functions
- Fulfill role of secretary for the organizations Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Other duties as requested
- Post-secondary education with a focus in Human Resources
- Minimum 1 year working in a Human Resources environment (experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with HRIS software
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Gillian A. Pendlebury, CPHR by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!