Our client is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant with a focus on corporate/commercial tax to provide support for a busy practice located within Halifax. This is a permanent opportunity.
As the successful candidate, you should have extensive administrative experience in a legal environment as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Preparation of correspondence and legal documents
- Processing large volumes of documents, with ability to use technology to store and organize emails and files
- Processing emails, phone messages and time sheets
- Maintaining client and administrative files
- Administrative scheduling duties including maintaining the calendar as well as scheduling/organizing client meetings
- Providing support for other assistants when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ administrative experience in a legal environment, with prior experience in Corporate, Commercial & Tax
- Paralegal/legal assistant education or similar is considered an asset
- Strong technological skills in the usage of Microsoft Office (particularly Work and Excel) as well as excellent typing and transcription skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with exceptional customer service ability.
- Very strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong proactive thinking and the ability to take initiative
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and reprioritize as needed
If you are interested, please forward your resume to the attention of Kaitlyn Farrell.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!