Our client is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to provide support within a busy practice focusing on corporate and commercial law. This is a permanent opportunity in their Halifax office.
As the successful candidate, you are confident with a calming demeanor, and possess sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Managing and coordinating lawyer(s) workload
- Database and file management
- Prepare, draft, and review legal documents
- Calendar maintenance
- Maintain accurate records for billable hours
- Completing PPSA searches, registrations, renewals, and discharges
- General administrative duties such as scheduling meetings and other arrangements, coordination of billing, incoming & outgoing mail, and transcription
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education or training as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant
- 3-5 years’ experience in a law firm, preferably corporate or commercial law
- Confidence in skills and calming demeanor
- Team player who is eager and willing to learn
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines efficiently
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of professionalism and strong customer service skills
If you are interested, please forward your resume to the attention of Gillian A. Pendlebury, CPHR by email,
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!