We are seeking a Legal Assistant for a one-month contract located along the Halifax peninsula. As the successful candidate, you will provide legal assistance, case management, and file management support for multiple lawyers.
- Draft and prepare documents from notes or dictation
- Make revisions as per lawyers request
- Prepare Notary Public appointments
- Maintain lawyers calendar and schedule
- Provide legal research
- Respond to inquiries via phone and email
- Ensure all government and court procedures are followed
- Other duties as required
- Certificate or diploma from a Legal Assistant or Paralegal program
- 2+ years’ experience working in legal practice
- Working knowledge of various branches of law and all levels of court
- Previous experience working in a highly confidential environment
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.