Junior Accounting and Administrative Assistant
Our client is seeking a Junior Accounting and Administrative Assistant for their location in Dartmouth. This is a permanent opportunity with a thriving and growing local organization.
- Assisting with weekly payroll
- Coding accounts payable invoices and filing once reviewed and approved
- Coordinating payments to all vendors
- Performing various account reconciliations relating to accounting
- Performing monthly progress billings for customers
- Answering all phone calls coming into the main office line and re-directing calls/taking messages where appropriate
- Coordinating emails coming into the main office
- Other various administrative tasks
- 1-2+ years’ experience in an office environment performing junior level accounting assistance in AP and/or AR
- Post-secondary education in accounting or business at the Diploma or Certificate level
- Prior experience using Sage 100 (contractor edition) is an asset or familiarity with any of the Sage products is ideal
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Team oriented
This position is a wonderful, varied opportunity comprised of approximately 70% accounting support and 30% administrative support.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!