Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Coordinator
Our client in West Hants, NS is currently seeking an Environment, Health and Safety Coordinator. This is a permanent opportunity.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining written EHS programs, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring EHS compliance with municipal, provincial, and federal regulations.
- Maintaining and/or creating safety data sheets for facility's chemical inventory.
- Obtaining required provincial permits for waste disposal.
- Preparing and submitting National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) report as required.
- Ensuring compliance with provincial spill reporting requirements.
- Coordinating facility's groundwater monitoring program.
- Providing training to employees on company's procedures.
- Monitoring, measuring, and reporting on company EHS performance.
- Providing support to staff by having a visible presence, promoting
- EHS initiatives, goals and objectives as well as chairing the JOHSC meetings.
- Providing assistance to supervisors in incident/accident investigations, identifying root causes, reporting, documenting and follow-up.
- Conducting internal EHS Audits and workplace inspections.
- Preparing and submitting annual reporting requirements and amendments as defined by the N.S. Environment -Approval to Operate.
The successful candidate for this position would have:
- University degree or College diploma preferably in Occupational
- Health & Safety or Environmental studies or have an equivalent level of work experience.
- Knowledge of all levels of environmental regulations is required.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Act and Regulations of Nova Scotia.
- Familiarity with the principles of EHS Management systems.
- Experience in industrial hygiene would be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Gillian A. Pendlebury, CPHR by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!